The Dark Knight Movie 2008 Review
The Dark Knight is a 2008 movie directed by Christopher Nolan, based on the DC Comics character Batman. It's a sequel to Batman Begins, released in 2005.
The film stars Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth, Gary Oldman as James Gordon and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox.
The Dark Knight (2008) Trailer
The movie charts Batman's struggle against criminal mastermind "The Joker" (Heath Ledger).
The Dark Knight is one of the most sucessful films of the noughties and some would say one of the best superhero films ever made. It certainly drew th epunters in and captured over $1 billion worldwide, which makes it the 14th highest-grossing film ever, (unadjusted for inflation).
The Dark Knight was nominated for 8 Academy Awards and won the award for Best Sound Editing and Ledger was later awarded Best Supporting Actor.
The sequel, The Dark Knight Rises, was released in July, 2012.
A Very Shot Plot Summary of The Dark Knight
- There's big crime in Gotham. Joker robs a bank owned by The Mob along with Grumpy, Chuckles, Happy, Bozo and Dopey. Everyone apart from The Joker dies.
- The Joker meets the head of the Major Crimes unit to discuss the Mob
- Bruce Lee holds a fundraiser.
- A meeting of bosses discusses where to hide their money now that the banks aren't safe.
- They all head to Hong Kong for a bit of biff pow pow. "Holy Smokes Batman!"
- The mob hires the Joker to eliminate a guy called Lau and to ID Batman. "Batman must take off his mask and turn himself in. Oh, and every day he doesn't, people will die - starting tonight".
- People start to die.
- Batman saves the next target. Dent admits to being the Batman in an effore to lure out The Joker: TheJoker ambushes a convoy of cars to get to Dent. There is a BIG chase scene (one of the best).
- The Joker then turns on The Mob and burns their money.
- The film ends with Gordon and his son watching Batman take off and melt into the darkness, to escape a police hunt.:
- Here's the last voice over: "Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Dark Knight."
OK, we'd admit it's quite a thin summary, but if you haven't got the time to sit through the whole film, it'll save you a couple of hours (it's a long film! (very good though))
If you like Batman, try the Dark Knight Slot here: